Friday, November 20, 2009

Pretty, and not so pretty

Old news, I know, but I just went to find out what this year's Christmas stamps are, and my heart was made glad. Pre-Raphaelite stained-glass windows!!!!

The page was slightly marred by the quote from the Royal Mail’s Head of Speical Stamps, presumably produced by the Royal Mail's Head of Special Spelling without the intervention of the Royal Mail's Head of Special (or, indeed, any) Proofreading.

And then the not-pretty. I went to pull a scarf out of the cupboard today to wear, and found this:


It's not moth; fear not. I think it must have got caught on a door-handle in the cupboard under the stairs... But it's not exactly at the end of the scarf either...

There's a good 18" to re-knit; and it's the infamous "can't count to eight" scarf, and of course it's the end with 5 tassels rather than 4...

I may need to wait until after Christmas to sort it out.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Ouch - it would have to be THAT pattern, the one I refer to as can't count to seven and wonder why I get into even more of a mess when I try to knit it!

Sue Krekorian said...

I think I'd sew it rather than reknit it - not too difficult to do invisibly if you have some of the yarn left, and if you can't do it then send it to me and I'll mend it for you - I can't bear the thought o all that ripping and reknitting (and it's not my colours, so you'd be safe!)

Kathleen C. said...

I was wondering along Sue's reasoning... can you graft/sew it instead?