Saturday, November 14, 2009

Knitting!

I finally got round to updating my Ravelry projects page with all the stuff I've been doing which I can show (there are still two or three things I can't because the recipients are also Rav members...)
And realised I don't think I ever got round to showing you the finished Moorish Sweater.
This was a fun knit. I love two-colour knitting and this is chunky weight so it knitted up fast - despite not taking it on the train very often it took just over 3 weeks. The yarn is Sirdar's late lamented Peru, some of which was bought incredibly on sale at Kemps to eke out the 8 balls of blue I've had in the stash for a while. This pic was taken at the KTog at the beginning of October when it was still a little too warm to be wearing it, really... It's definitely going to be a staple this winter - it's light and warm at the same time. It's pilling slightly, but not too badly...

Getting quite excited about this Christmas stocking - it's looking really good. More on that tomorrow...

1 comment:

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Love that sweater! I have been looking for sweaters with colourwork yokes and don't know how I missed that pattern - has gone straight in my rav queue.