Friday, November 06, 2009

Anthropologie...

I've lost count of the number of pretty, pretty links to items on the international Anthropologie site I've seen over the years on other people's sites. So when I realised they'd opened a shop in London, I thought I'd take a trip over there at lunchtime.

First thing: normally, I hate music in shops. The music here though is French indie/pop and therefore adorable. Second thing: the prices are completely weird and slightly disconnected to what you're actually buying - anything with a handmade element costs what it really should and some of the homewares are more like IKEA pricing. Third thing: they had French breakfast bowls, in colours which go with the kitchen.


I had one of these, once, before it broke; and every French household has some for drinking tea/coffee/chocolate, or beating eggs, or whatever...
First visit; won't be the last...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anthropologie? In London??

If anything is likely to get me back into our country's black-snot-inducing capital, it might just be that.

Liz said...

What an unusual name!

The black-snot thing - I remember that distinctly last time I lived in London in 1991/92, and also the filth you washed out of your hair. No more. I don't know whether it's less congestion, lower emitting cars and buses, the smoking ban or what, but I haven't had it since I started travelling back and forth 2 years ago...

Wibbo said...

Lovely bowls! And how come all these exciting shops open *after* I move out :o)
You're right about the black-snot thing - I suspect it's a combination of all those factors.

Mary deB said...

Is this a knitting blog or a nasal studies blog, eh?
Love the bowls. I was in an Anthropologie shop in New York a couple of years ago and wanted everything. Sigh.

Liz said...

Love the 'eh', Mary - no cultural stereotyping here, obviously... And hi Alison-aka-yarninmypocket-of-the-first-comment - couldn't get through to your LJ profile initially...

I think Snot Studies is probably a much-neglected academic discipline - it's evidently a key environmental indicator...