Wednesday, November 04, 2009

New in the neighbourhood...

There's a new baby next-door-but-one; I knew his gender and estimated birth date, but only bumped into one of his parents a fortnight after the event. So I whipped out a Baby Surprise Jacket and took it along...

The yarn is King Cole Mirage in colour Helsinki, bought at the stall in Durham covered market - it's lovely stuff to knit with (if you don't mind a 50% acrylic content)... and I got a lovely thankyou card from the family at the weekend...

2 comments:

Mary deB said...

This is one of the few patterns I've knit several times. Every one is different, and it's so fun and easy and impressive. I now feel the need to make another, which I will try to suppress!

Susie H said...

Looks great!!! I love that colorway - it's subtle, but interesting...