Saturday, November 08, 2008

Parcel

These days, getting parcels is a bit of an ordeal. You have to check quite carefully as to whether they're going to send by courier (no go - the courier tries to deliver only twice, and is in any case closed before you get home for the evening, and then secretes your parcel into the dark depths of the depot - which may be only 3 miles as the crow flies, but 15 miles as the crow walks and 2 hours each way by public transport..) or Royal Mail (nice, friendly people at the post office 100 yards away from your house, as long as you're in for the weekend...)
Last weekend, however, I won the jackpot - my yarn order, placed on Monday with free (Royal Mail) second-class postage, arrived on Saturday morning, and I got back from my library shift in time to dash back and collect it (the fact that Graham at the post office now gets up from his seat and selects the big squishy package from the 'parcels awaited' shelf before I even get to the front of the queue is something best glossed over...)

So. I got these...

Yes; I'm not sure they were meant to look like drug packages, but...
Anyway, the first one I opened was Peaches n Creme yarn, for many many dishcloths...
and the second was Cascade 220, for much knitted felting.
The company - First4Yarns... They do both brands, and ordering at the beginning of the week seems to mean I'll have it by the weekend. They don't have the responsiveness or individual service of a Woolly Workshop, but if you need a particular yarn for a project and they carry it, they seem to be pretty good...

3 comments:

E-J said...

I have long wondered what Peaches 'n Creme might look/feel like. It seems to find so many uses.

Anonymous said...

I've used First4yarns and was really pleased with the service. My Malabrigo lace and Brittany needles came really quickly and the Debbie Bliss magazine that was out of stock followed a little later - all free postage - ideal!

Daisy said...

My work colleagues are getting rather used to my squishy parcels being delivered to School Office! Thanks for the yarn shop link too.