Monday, November 03, 2008

Among friends

I had a very nice time with friends at the SoH gig on Saturday night - while I'm used to going to things on my own, it's really nice not to have to do it!
Anyway, it was another lovely friendly day: today it was Rosie's birthday, and her husband Graham treated her, me and Manda to lunch at the Rice Boat, and it was lovely - I hadn't been there before and the food was extremely good. I had the Syrian Christian Stew which was coconutty and flavouresome, and the best paratha ever...


Here are Graham, Rosie and Manda at the millpond; and they're looking at the mill-race, which is a little bit mad. The Cam is just about to flood at the moment - there's water well over the rollers between the Grantchester stretch and the millpond, which we skipped daintily through...


We started and finished at the GradPad, which had its usual slightly mad but very friendly bar-people working... and it was a lovely day. Thanks, Rosie!

No comments: