Thursday, November 20, 2008

The joys of stash

I have photos and all sorts to show from yesterday and today, but honestly? my main emotion this evening is relief.


The current pair of Serpentines is knit from Sunbeam St Ives, bought in Worcestershire by a friend who'd like them for her mum for Christmas. Which would have been no problem in normal circs.

Unfortunately, distraught from both Ivanov and the consumption of a pint of Aspalls at the Betjeman Arms at St Pancras, and dizzied by the whole sewn-cast-off thing, I seem to have left the remaining yarn on the train last night, without picking up the stitches from the thumb-gusset and knitting the thumb rib...


But I was sure when Sue gave me the yarn that I'd had some before...

Thankfully, I have a spreadsheet inventory of yarn; and was able to track down a half-ball in the Sock Stash... and under a daylight lamp there is no dyelot problem....



Phew.


Meanwhile I'm nearly halfway through the second pair...

1 comment:

Rosie said...

eeek! Suggest that perhaps next trip to theatre should be to "All's Well that Ends Well".