Monday, December 29, 2008

Over to you, peeps...

I've signed up again for NaBloPoMo in January (you can do it any month of the year, it's just that lots of people do sign up in November...).

And it occurs to me that 40+ people a day access this blog (you do, I've seen the Google Analytics, and a couple of people have even mentioned it on Christmas cards); and I have no real idea what you like about it. Is it the knitting, or the random thoughts, or the pretty pics of London, or are you at the same events I am and wondering whether we thought the same thing? Or what? Part of the point of writing a blog is the whole wanting to know that "you are not alone" thing. I know I get more comments when I post about knitting (except for the car insurance people who are camping on the last meme post, and I'm getting rid of them...), but is that because it's the only thing you like, or is it just easier to comment on? I really do want to know!

I will be running a competition of sorts with nice prizes in January, too. Details on New Year's Day.

Edited to add: thanks very much for your comments, and please keep 'em coming.

10 comments:

stash haus said...

I like the knitting, the pics of London, following the events you blog about. Basically, everything! I know this isn't that helpful, but I don't just read for the knitting part.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I don't usually comment but just wanted to say that I appreciate the knitting info and the pictures of London. I stumbled upon your blog a while back when I went through a manic phase of adding knitting blogs to my reader when I took up knitting. I enjoy your blog, so thanks.

Susie H said...

I'm an omnivore :)

LOVE looking at the pics of your knitting, as it is always so impressive, but I like all the posts, frankly, whether it's the mundane or travelogues or any old thing. You're a wonderful writer!

Kathleen C. said...

The knitting brought me here, and the photos and discussions of where you live are part of what keeps me reading.
I don't comment much just because... uhm, I just don't comment much I guess. But I read every post you post!

Pig wot flies said...

Everything?
Well, the knitting, obviously, beautiful and inspiring. But the bits that aren't about knitting are good too. I like hearing your opinion about things and about the cats and about all you get up to between Cambridge and London.

Lydia said...

i like to see what others are knitting, and i love, love the photos of london-it's part of my heritage, and it brings back fond memories of previous visits. in this big world of people i'm always amazed at how many knitters, weavers, etc are out there- we have different views, but one or two things that give us commonality-i don't always comment, but have on occasion.

Rosie said...

I like everything, but especially notices and signs (signs about bitey, kicky horses, signs by polling stations etc). I realise this may be a minority interest, though...

littlelixie said...

I guess I do tend to comment more on crafty things. But I read whatever you put up!

Anonymous said...

I like all the parts of your blog. The knitting is good (sometimes great) but on its own it wouldn't keep me coming back - I think its finding out things I didn't know and your general commentary and how it represents you that I really enjoy.

Spinningfishwife said...

I like to read the blogs of people I've met...it's about keeping up with friends.
And I'm always impressed with your knitting pix...and your cat!