Monday, December 08, 2008

Beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

This was the view on the village green yesterday morning when I ventured out. [Note that unkempt woman in huge hand-knitted sweater, pyjama trousers, thick socks and Crocs taking photos of the view from her house elicits no comment from fellow villagers wandering past to the shop for their papers. If we were in Ambridge they'd have called the police. (I have just noticed that if I were actually in Ambridge, which has a village green the same shape as the one I look out over, I'd be sharing Woodbine Cottage with Christine Barford. Who has basically disappeared from the cast. I now worry that she's buried under a pile of yarn somewhere in my back bedroom rather than taking the well-deserved retirement I'd assumed...)]. Enough of this.


This was the view in roughly the same spot in the evening... the Christmas lights are here, and it all feels very serene and in control...

I cast off the Big Christmas Thing. That's one for the next couple of days' posts - I spent way too long on a train tonight to edit photos...

But today, I got an unexpected Christmas present. Alice, from Socktopus, mailed me as a result of this post, and let me know there was suddenly a space in next year's club because someone had had to drop out unexpectedly... So I'm signed up to another sock club, this one with a shared blog, rather than one you can just leave comments on, and with Official Extras. Very exciting. Especially as the invite arrived the same day as my annual performance-related bonus (for more or less the same amount!)...

Weekly Christmas knitting round-up:

  • Projects on list: 20 (-1)
  • Projects started: 14 (+1)
  • Projects finished: 12 (+1)
  • Projects to finish: 8 (-2)
  • Weeks to Christmas: 2.5 (-1)

All under control. Honest. Maybe not the one that needs to be posted the day after tomorrow, but after that...

1 comment:

Peri said...

It looks so serene - am envious!