Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas 1

Rather than do one huge post and have Blogger swallow it whole, I thought I'd do a few to cover Christmas.

Lovely time at my parents' in the North-East - the journey up was nowhere near as horrendous as I'd anticipated, except for the stretch between Ely and Peterborough, where Central Trains' Christmas Eve strike had pushed a lot of people onto the trains one day early and we standees had marginally less space than on a rush-hour tube... On the way back the train was delayed by about half an hour, which was fine by me as it gave me extra time in the warm, and less to experience the joys of Stevenage rail station and its many feral teenage occupants at 9pm on a wet Wednesday...

First up, a couple of bits of Christmas knitting... This is the Angel Pearls scarf from Sivia Harding, done as part of the KAL for my sister-in-law, Hazel:
and here she is modelling it just after opening:

And next up, the Icarus shawl from Interweave Knits (also available as a separate pattern); here it is blocking:

and being worn by my Mam; the front view...

... and the back... I think it/she looks lovely...

Both seemed to go down well, anyway! In the end I got the knitting finished in time - simplified one project, and sent a pre-knitted thing to another person...

1 comment:

Stitch 'n Dye said...

The scarf and shawl look gorgeous. Icarus is just so lovely. Glad you had a good time.

Seeing your entry about your stash - well today my niece and I have wound all the lovely skeins of lace yarns and some koigu I have received for birthday and xmas. A big pile...