Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Progress of a sort, and comments!

Thanks for the comments - it's been so long since I blogged anything interesting that I'd forgotten what that was like!


Here's tonight's progress, after a madly busy, very loud, extremely good fun KTog. Hypoteneuse (top) is doing nicely - about a third of the way through; the Mystic Meadows one got a bit stalled this evening once I realised the designer was eschewing the repeating pattern to get lots of random leafy things set up... I need to get back to it and do the last 5 rows of tonight's repeats. I'm worried about how small it is - don't mind about the width but I like a long scarf and I'm not sure that's what I'm going to get - but I think it's going to be beautiful. Has to be said though, if this wasn't an Olympic thing, I'd have given up by now...



And for all those commenting on the Addi-dyeing - I believe Addi cords are nylon and therefore will dye like any nylon fibre, buttons, bag handles etc. - I've seen no sign of them bleeding onto projects I've knitted afterwards, although I might cast on a row and dunk in water-and rub them on my hands for a while if I were going to propose to knit a baby shawl with them... You do, of course, lose the what-needle-size, but I've found that with the ordinary Addi cord that wears off pretty quickly anyway... Haven't tried Addi lace needles with this method, but with my degree of (im)patience, it's only a matter of time...

2 comments:

Manda said...

Really enjoyed sharing KTog last night with you. Particularly when you laughed at my stubborness, steely determination, stupidity or what you could call it.

Looking forward to many more times like this with you.

x

Liz said...

Aww. Ditto, Manda!