Monday, August 11, 2008

A FO from a while ago...

From June, in fact. The Peacock Feathers Shawl from Fiddlesticks - now living with Sue.

I used KnitPicks Shimmer laceweight in Turquoise Splendour, but realised quite early on that the skeins I had were way too variegated to do the pattern justice (I've seen this knitted in the same yarn on Ravelry, and it looks as if it might vary quite a bit between dye-lots). So I skeined the yarn up again, and dumped the entire project, needles and all, into a dyebath of turquoise/teal. I'd use the yarn again like a shot, but for something with a much simpler lace. It was really nice to do... (And for future reference, Addi cords dye beautifully - I have a lovely teal 3mm cord now...)

I think I probably have several other finished and unblogged FOs - more tomorrow, maybe.

Meanwhile I'm nearly 2 charts (out of 16) down for the Mystic Meadows Olympic shawl, and 4 repeats (out of 17/18) down for Hypoteneuse. I'll be taking both along to the KTog tomorrow night but probably won't be able to concentrate on the Mystic Meadows! I have high hopes for finishing Hypoteneuse, but am not quite as sure about the Mystic Meadows - it's high-concentration stuff and I'm doing fairly high-intensity stuff at work this month...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

It's absolutely beautiful, what a gorgeous pattern this is. I wonder if your addis will bleed onto other projects?

Daisy said...

Oh wow, that's beautiful! And how funny about the Addi cords!

picperfic said...

my that is a work of art...love the story about the cords turning colour!

Rosie said...

That is breathtakingly gorgeous. Hmm, wonder if there's a market for handpainted addis?