Saturday, January 10, 2009

Socks Show

Thanks for comments, and competition entries, on yesterday's post. It really wasn't meant to be a maths thing; although I enjoyed working out the sums. Maths was possibly my worst subject at school. Apart from Art. Which was sad, as they were two of the subjects I enjoyed most and have used most.

Still time to have a wild guess - original post here...

But, this post is about socks; and specifically Socks that Rock from last year's club. First of all - I Knitted All the Yarns Within A Year. I think that deserves recognition... I didn't knit all of them to the designated pattern though... But here they are....



So, top to bottom and left to right;

  • Yarn called "Dragon Dance", and pattern called Serendipity, by Adrienne Fong (with club);
  • Yarn called "Lucky", didn't go with the suggested Leafling pattern by BMFA because I'd been looking for a long time for a leafy green yarn for the Embossed Leaves pattern by Mona Schmidt...;
  • Yarn called "the incredible shrinking violet"; didn't go with the Cleopatra pattern by Yarnissima because I'd been looking for a while for a yarn to go with her "Firestarter"
  • Yarn called "Goody Goody"; pattern called "Gumdrops" by JC Briar (with club). This was both the nicest and the worst package of the club; up to then I'd reconciled myself to having to sign off Ravelry for a couple of weeks after the packages were mailed out - this time I was spoiled the day after US mailing, ON the club blog, BY the DESIGNER!. And that was sad, because they are gorgeous socks... But that was the point at which I thought, no, this really isn't worth the money if they can't be bothered even getting confidentiality from their designers.. .
  • Yarn called "Tide Pooling" - lovely stuff. Pattern also excellent, by Team Blue Moon (with club)... Lightweight again; I think that's 4 Lightweight, 1 Mediumweight and nothing else...
  • Yarn called "Muddy Autumn Rainbow". Pattern "Holidazed" by Anne Hanson. That and "Tide Pooling" definitely my favourite colourways of the year, and this one's Mediumweight, but not enough to get me to sign up again...

I love these socks; but I'm looking forward to the Socktopus club this year!

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Wow! Well done getting all the socks done in the year - I have to say, the spoiled socks are my least favorite colorway, if I read that correctly...the ones with the very pastel color? All the others are nom nom nomilicious!

Liz said...

I think my least favourite one was the first one, actually. The pastel one was interesting because the pattern is seriously pretty and goes with the yarn; and because it came with an interesting set of notes saying how Tina had struggled with dyeing pastels. I know a lot of people in the club were looking to swap the yarn though, so presumably it wasn't everyone's choice. I was very happy to have variegation and not another study-in-one-colour by that stage. And I finished them at I Knit Day, so that was a nice memory too. Actually, I have some yarn which is proving troublesome (pooling all over the place); the Gumdrop pattern might be just the thing!