Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gloaming...

Favourite word, favourite time of day, favourite time of year... Bug seems to like it too...

In the coolness of the evening with the doors and windows open, it's easier to catch up on random things...

Went to the Sacred exhibition at the BL last Tuesday (15th) and introduced Jan and Kate (my cousin-in-law, or presumably belle-cousine in French, which is nicer...); you know you've done the right thing when you realise your presence is pretty superfluous to requirements by the time you get the coffee back to the table... Kate then took me out for a very lovely birthday dinner (I think this is probably the final one of the 40th) at Galvin, and it was fabulous. I have also been luxuriating in body sugar and shower wash from these people; thanks, Kate!.

Kate and my cousin Kevin are moving next Friday, estate agents and solicitors willing, to a very nice looking house in Hexham... and they're having a baby (various other powers willing) in August.

And in a segue worthy of Mike Reid at his breakfast-show best, I also got this via e-mail on Monday: look! a niecephew ((c) Franklin) -in-waiting, courtesy of my SIL! (names removed from this because I didn't actually ask them or anything before posting this...) Niecephew is due at the end of November... and brother and SIL are coming to stay here for a few days in June which will be excellent...

The needles are going to be burning this year. There may not be much knitting content on show here though; all parties have this blog address...

And just as a totally random photo, I saw this on the way into work today. Look at those colours...

2 comments:

Nickerjac said...

The ultra sound is so cute, we are so lucky we get to have these glimpses :)

Kat said...

Ahhhh a little babby, how cute!