Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Drying out...

... briefly, before the next lot of forecast rain ...

About the only advantage of having Tuesdays off (it's a daft day, really) is when there's a Bank Holiday Monday - the extra day always feels very decadent. I've been sitting drinking tea, thinking about all the housework I ought to have been doing, but actually listening to a rather fabulous Georgette Heyer romance on CD, sewing in ends on the front of the sweater

and knitting sleeves (keeping them in step because some of the yarns are in short supply...)

and spinning up some of the Jacob fleece I washed at the beginning of the month.
Not expertly spun, I know, but it was fun to do, and practice makes perfect and all that... this is the first bobbin, and while it does still have some bits of straw and so on in it, a satisfying amount came out during carding and spinning...

But there's no pleasing some - Bug has sat around disconsolately waiting for the rain to stop...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, I think I've seen you mention audio books before. May I ask where you get them from, Amazon appears to have a limited selection.

Also, and more importantly, I wanted to add my name to the list of admirers of your Hanging Garden stole, it is beautiful.

K

Liz said...

Hi Anonymous!

I get mine from the local library; 3 weeks' hire of a large box of tapes or CDs for £2.20, and I can order them online and have them brought to my nearest library... It'd be worth checking your local library system; I can't keep up with the new arrivals at Cambridgeshire libraries!

Rosie said...

Lucky Liz (with decadent extra day) and Poor Bug with endless rain! Caught our Jiminey staring (sadly) out of the cat flap last night and G says she was up by the lounge window watching a blackbird this mornign, he insists that this is the feline equivalent of mindless daytime TV watching!

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great, Liz. I love the colors and the way the flower worked up. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished up.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the long gap between messages, but wanted to say thanks very much for the tip about libraries! Will certainly check that out.

Kelly