Sunday, October 01, 2006

St Brigid's Revenge

Well, it's been a weekend of two halves. Yesterday I went to Stash with Jan and met Sue again (met her briefly at last year's Ally Pally) and also Dawn; Michelle and Nic, and later Nathalie, were there doing the actual yarn-shop-minding thing... Knitted some on Icarus; but he's a gift, so I'm not blogging him until after Christmas... Bought some Trekking XXL and some ribbon yarn to add to some matt black ribbon in the stash... and also acquired some very nice wool/cotton blend sock yarn which Jan hates...

Today I was trying to do my FLYLady thing (which I don't follow with any degree of fervour, but I do think gives some good ideas which work for me) by timing things and trying to clear up the chaos... while attempting to make some cards for the Harrogate show next weekend to go with our exhibition there.

My compensatory knitting was St B - trying to avoid the sweater equivalent of Second Sock Syndrome by casting on the next bit as soon as the previous bit is finished. And she completely gave me a good kicking. This could be cold-related fuzziness but I'd swear I'd read, and re-read, the instructions several times and was convinced that I needed to do one pattern repeat before I started the sleeve increases. Despite the schematic, which shows a steady increase from the wrist. So, I did a repeat, and then re-read yet again; and then thought 'that's an awful lot of increases before the saddle shoulder...' so I calculated, and worked out that the AT THE SAME TIME notation, which I was positive came after the first repeat, actually applied from the beginning of the sleeve...


This is St-Brigid-viewed-through-whiskers (this from the cat which attempted to bring in a half-dead mouse on Thursday night in a rainstorm, was chased back out again, and then spat out half a mouse-head onto the kitchen floor on Friday morning while I was still deciding whether I was too fragile to go into work; now she's being friendly)... and here's an update from later today.

I think the sleeve's under there somewhere. Amelia Peabody Jarrahkatt on patrol... Another shirt ruined.

3 comments:

Mary deB said...

Oohhh, I hate "at the same time." Poor St B and you. And half a mouse head?? That's really not nice.

Anonymous said...

Great - I'll see you at Harrogate! Which stand no are you on?

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. She looks like a fluffy rug!