Sunday, August 23, 2009

Glorious


I was doing one of those new "staycation" thingies this week - had a week off, and not many plans, and it's been absolutely delightful.

I finished and blocked two pieces of knitting (see previous post) and got a long way with a third.

I finished some spinning and its recipient likes it. Which gives me an excuse to post a random photo of her cat...

The weather was beautiful except briefly on a day I was staying at home anyway; it's been a perfect British summer week; warm and sunny, rarely too hot, with a nice breeze.

I scored major bargains in charity shops and tkmaxx in King's Lynn - three skirts and two tops for £16...

I knitted on several trains, in a café and garden in Cambridge, on a boat in London, in a pub in King's Lynn with caughtknitting, and in various places in Hove, including at a birthday party in a very swish ice-cream parlour with members of the dog, chicken and aardvark safari knitters (Ravelry link) and on a bench overlooking the incoming tide, with Wibbo. Not bad for a week without one of the usual knitting group meetings... And probably best, given that food was shared with friends on several occasions, that it was a week without a Slimming World meeting, too.

And then there's the cricket, of course. I've had two days listening to that wonderful scary/comforting roar from the Oval (or the Brit Oval as I gather we're meant to call it now; sigh...), and even a dodgy wicket's an actual one at this point... Once I'd got used to the idea of Harry and Draco ambling round the cricket together, Daniel Radcliffe and Tom Felton made very good lunchtime guests today (similarity between Quidditch and cricket - both are "needlessly complex" in a good way; and Dan made a spirited bid for Aggers's job); and Stephen Fry was both delightful and wonderfully knowledgeable at teatime on Thursday...

More photos of the London trip coming soon; I loved being a tourist in the areas I'm usually going to for work...

1 comment: