Sunday, March 08, 2009

3:15 project update 1

Not a great deal of progress, but some sun! I got about 45 minutes' work done on the garden today before being stopped by a massive hailstorm, but an hour later when I came out to take the photos it was sunny again... No leaves on the limes yet, obviously - they come in pretty late...


In those 45 minutes I did manage to fill the wheely-bin though, so will have to do something more tidying-uppish (like scraping all the moss off the patio) next week...

The Abomination of Desolation shot looks better for a bit of sun, too. The main difference here is on the right-hand side where I've got rid of most of a climber and a chunk of rambler rose...

I managed to unearth some of the things that had been growing under the dead creepers, too - I can't actually remember what I planted here! Some sort of bulb... hyacinths, maybe?

Despite the appearance of sun, it's deceptively chilly out there; and the sky's starting to darken. I'm going to have a quiet afternoon doing some of this.... Knitting, tea and Jeffery Deaver - just what you need on a cold Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Wonderful progress shots in the garden, and I love the yarn you are using right now. Such warm colours...

Unknown said...

Bit off topic, but love the mug! K says thanks for the birthday card too. Kate R x