Thursday, October 11, 2007

OK, that's it

I should have anticipated this, really - although most of the people I work with have been aware that I was offered a new job on July 7, and have just been waiting for various clearances to come through ever since, I gave in my notice last week so everyone in the world is coming out of the woodwork with things they absolutely need me to do before I leave... By the end of today I was ready to leap tall buildings in a single bound (if that would get me out of there)...

And I've finished a couple of things this week (or got them to the stage where I have to start measuring linings etc.), leaving me with the Unbloggable Project which is way too complicated to be knitting in this sort of mood - every-row-lace in sewing-thread, basically...


So tonight I'm going to do the border of this baby jacket, and cast on the blanket I'm knitting for ME... I'm using Mackenzie silk and wool tweed which was a bargain because it's been discontinued by Classic Elite, in a tweedy dark grey which should match my living-room (this is not a good picture, but welcome to the Season of All Photos Being Taken with Flash). This'll be the second of these (I can't show you the first one yet, but it was lovely to do). I got some Quills needles to do it with (didn't have the right size, and these are made by the Bryspun people who make my favourite straights), and they were marvellous - really light for 6mm needles, and grabby enough not to slide all over the place when starting with an 8-stitch Emily Ocker cast-on...


So I'm drawing the curtains, switching off the phone and getting Stephen Fry to read me something Harry Potterish. Not in person, sadly, but the cassettes will do... I'm calmer already, even thinking about it...

Ain't knitting wonderful.

1 comment:

Barbara-Kay said...

'Tis. Wonderful, that is. Good for you! We all look forward to knitting occasions such as that.