Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back to my knitting...

... which is all pretty baby-centric at the moment. Mainly because I still don't have this year's measurements for the older children I knit for!



This is (a bad photo of) an Elizabeth Zimmerman two-needle-nearly-seamless-baby-sweater - except that this one is totally seamless because I bunged the arms onto DPNs to do the sleeves, which was really nice to do... I never quite get the cuff seams to match up, so being able to knit the thing in the round was much more satisfying. I'm not quite sure which baby this is for, but it's so much fun to knit that I think I'll be casting straight on for the next one... The yarn is Click DK with wool - only 30% wool, but it's really reminiscent of the Phildar yarns I used to knit with all the time; soft, but it keeps its shape and the stitch definition is nice. And it's pretty economical; and machine-washable, of course... (And why don't Sirdar have any information on yarns on their site?! weird...)



And here's some yarn eye-candy - need to list this for the shop tonight... I'm toying with this being called Rainbow in the Dark, which shows my heavy-metal roots...


No sign of the purse yet... but the guy at the bus company said it was possible the driver hadn't got back to the bus depot (which is miles away from the bus station...) yet. I live in hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had that experience when Adam left a shirt/jacket on the bus. And the system worked - we did get it back, although it took a few days. (I know that there's a big difference between a jacket and a purse, but still... )

Rosie said...

Oh, yes, Rainbow in the Dark! Whilst you were blogging my sister was enjoying a concert by Rush (envy, envy).

Rosie said...

ps have just checked the shop and am wonderfully amused by the name "fizzigoth"!