Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Another day, another WIP...

I started this today:


it's the Branching Out scarf pattern from Knitty , and due to it being my day off and also being half-term, so I don't have an evening class to prepare this week, I spent three or four hours knitting and have finished 20 repeats of the pattern; I think it probably needs 36 or so to get to full length... I'm using Sirdar Balmoral (now sadly discontinued), a DK/aran weight wool, alpaca and silk yarn from stash, left over from a sweater made for a colleague years ago. It started life as a cream/grey twist until I dumped it into a vat of purple dye. It's destined to become a Christmas present but I haven't quite decided who's getting this one yet...

Meanwhile the Mexican Wave sweater has acquired a fan club. Both sleeves and the back done now...

No comments: