Friday, January 01, 2010

BEST wishes for the New Year, and a competition...

Happy New Year! 2009 was a reasonable one for me - no major changes, no terrible events for me personally although several friends went through the mill this year; lots of knitting and many things I'm grateful for.

I've signed up to NaBloPoMo again - a few people have commented to me over the holidays that they liked the daily blogging, and actually I quite liked doing it too. Sometimes the theme for the month doesn't grab me (and I know you're not required to follow it anyway), but this month's theme is "BEST", and we all really need something to celebrate in January...

I had a very good Christmas - the best one for a while. Here are some of my fambly - Dad, SIL, Mam and Nephew - opening presents on Christmas Day.

I was allowed to cook Christmas dinner, and it seemed to go well...

OK; the competition. I will be doing 2 prizes this year, and simplifying it a bit. There are only 2 questions:

1. How many finished objects did I produce this year (NB this blog is not an accurate guide and nor is Ravelry - you probably just need to make a guess)?

2. How many metres of yarn did I knit this year (NB for visitors from North America, add approx 10% to a yardage estimate...)?

For some sort of idea - this was the roundup of last year's stats...

Happy competitioning... I won't bother doing an anonymous e-maily thing this year, just leave answers in the comments if you're so inclined!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

47 items and 20513 metres.

Happy new year!
Rachel

Mary deB said...

39 items and 19467 meters.

How do you define "item"? I am knitting 52 items in 52 weeks, but some of my items are afghan squares....

Happy New Year to you!

Liz said...

You are, as ever, right, Mary. I'm not counting squares, other than finished items such as dishcloths; thinking about it, I didn't even bother including the three or four squares I did for Gerard's blanket in my total...

Spinningfishwife said...

65 items and 19,560 metres?

Whatever it is, I bet it's about x10 more than I knitted, lol. I'm so slow!

Yvonne said...

51 items 21,000 metres

Ros said...

18,921 meters and 31 items

Hope the travelling is getting better!!

Ros

Susie H said...

OK, I will make a stab at the guessing!

21,759 metres and .... 39 projects?

That sounds nice and random. Continued sympathies on the travelling - the weather forecast makes me twitch now :)

sparkleduck said...

17280 metres and 43 items.
(can you make a random cable pattern from our random numbers?)