Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Passing it on


This is my godfather, Fenwick Lawson, receiving his honorary doctorate from Durham University today. The press release is here. (Photo by my Dad, Terry Harvey; who obviously isn't an old friend of Fenwick's at all.)

This year I've been godmother to my nephew; and this Friday I'm showing my godson Raphael and his grandmother around my workplace. It's a strange and slightly inexplicable thing, and sometimes has nothing to do with religion and more to do with the importance of friendships.

1 comment:

ananna said...

Hey Liz,
What a fantastic photo!
How are you? We had a great day yesterday and kidnapped your dad - I phoned your mum to let her know he was being held hostage in Bow Cottage. Fenwick had a wonderful day and looked very handsome in his gown. I have your email and will mail you from there.
Joanne