Friday, June 15, 2007

Long time, no blog

I've been busy. Work has been as insane as it usually is in the middle of June; and I taught all last weekend, and then had my brother and SIL to stay. I'm really looking forward to an evening in, and a weekend where I can sleep late - and at least the house is nice and tidy...

Most of the knitting has been for the course, or the Unbloggable Project (now a very large piece of washing indeed, and 20 rows off the end...). Here's the room during the course last weekend - I was teaching at White House Arts, a lovely venue with extremely friendly owners/organisers and very nice course participants!

Here's one of the samples I produced for the course - short-row circle, two ways of attaching beads, shaping on the needles...

... and here's the very beautiful handmade pendant Caroline Amory, White House Arts' owner and artist in textiles, glass and all sorts of other things, gave me... isn't it gorgeous?


I did a little spinning - there's 88 grammes of this Jacob yarn, and about 100 metres... not the most evenly spun yarn in the world, but I'm reasonably pleased with it and keen to do some more at the weekend...

I also signed up for the Mystery Stole 3 KAL which starts on June 29 and have had fun sorting out yarn and beads for it...

And finally I was really pleased to see that Jan's book 200 Ripple Stitches turned up on the Knitty Cool Stuff page this time round! It's a gorgeous book...

5 comments:

Mary deB said...

Hiya,
I signed up for the Mystery Stole event, but then came to my senses before I got too engrossed! I'll just watch now!
Do you ever look at the Ripple-along blog, where everyone is crocheting a ripply blanket? That book of Jan's seems to be the new ripple bible, if one can say such a thing. http://neisripplealong.blogspot.com/

Rosie said...

I have fallen in love with that sample and the picture of the room with all that bright knitting looks really inspirational. I've just bought myself a copy of Jan's Crochet Encyclopedia which I'm sure is going to be one of my most-often used books.

E-J said...

Yummy colours in the short-row circle. What yarn(s) is(are) that(those)?

Anonymous said...

Hello Liz,
Your blog is very beautiful and we will meet again on Mystery Stole 3
Have a good day
Agnès

Adelle said...

That looks great! I bought the same exact yarn, same exact color... What size needles did you use?