Saturday, February 24, 2007

Peaceful weekend...

The day-course I was due to be teaching next weekend was cancelled due to lack of sign-ups; I was looking forward to doing it, but was very glad I wasn't going to be doing it next weekend! So instead of spending the time confecting more samples, I'm doing this:



Tea and the Hanging Garden Stole - 4 repeats done now of the 14. It's a 48-row repeat and I keep doing daft things. Have to get one of those lifelines in at the end of the next row which is the first of the repeat...! Haven't used them before, but this one's been pulled off the needles once, and I've gone wrong twice in the last repeat - pulling back to a thread would have been far more fun than running repairs...

Am also tidying up - once that's done I'll get the stash from last weekend out and take proper pictures...

This morning, got the competition entries and prizes from Textiles in Focus into the post, and picked up a packet from the Post Office - I was expecting my lopi tote from Gill - made it last year from two skeins of Fiesta Watermark, which I had from a very generous friend in Texas, but Gill now stocks, so she had it as a sample on her stand, and in the scramble to pack at the end I'd forgotten to collect it... I didn't however expect it to come with toys:

Lovely bits of English wools to play with... Gill suggests, generously, that the cats might like to play with them (they were very taken with her last weekend). Not a chance. None.

And a photo of an FO - I know I've shown this one before, but Dad took a photo of Mam in her Icarus shawl at a wedding last weekend, and the colours look so good (and so much better than they do in my Christmas pics)... Yarn is Angel Hair from HandMaiden in colour Vintage. I am now panicking - this is some of the nicest fine mohair I've ever used, and HandMaiden don't have it on their site at the moment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Really yummy colourway.
Looking at you yarn pics got my juices going. I have not bought yarn for months and will continue not to do so but I can still fantasise!