Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring

Well; sort of. But yesterday I managed to get a couple of loads of washing dry on the line in the back garden, which always counts as Serious Spring Progress; and while I was doing that, I found a primula plant I'd given up for dead had suddenly produced flowers, so I replanted my Serene Face.


This was made by Helen Humphreys, who's not only a fabulous potter but a very nice person, and lives round the corner. Her site has all sorts of other stuff, and she's a regular participant in the Cambridgeshire Open Studios... This face is on the wall in the side-passage immediately opposite the kitchen sink, and makes me happy every time I look at it while I'm washing up; it's had a completely dead fuscia in it since last Autumn though, so the primula is a good step towards making me feel that Spring, and then Summer, may arrive at some stage!

The other harbinger of spring is the lineup for the Cambridge Folk Festival which went onto the site last weekend...

It's not that no knitting has gone on. It has; some of it drunkenly, in other people's houses... They know who they are... But some of it is proofknitting of a Relatively Secret Project; and some is presents for people who may read this. I did finish a scarf for Caroline from the Fibrefusion group though: here's the best pic I have of it...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Secret Project? Hope it's fun!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm in!!

I can assert that some of us weren't remotely overrefreshed - though my cranberry juice was tasty, it just didn't hit the spot.

Really like the colours in your scarf. Now, though, of course, I'm already becoming obsessed with trying to identify stitches and patterns. I will endeavour to put up pictorial evidence of my own knitting very soon.

Rosie said...

Scarf is wonderful! enjoy all that secret stuff...

Anonymous said...

Well, you're ahead of me in upstate NY, in the Spring department. Right now it's 28 at my house, and we had snow twice this week. Ick.

LOVE your scarf, Liz!!

TutleyMutley said...

That line up, for Cambridge Folk Festival, looks really good! I've even heard of half of them! Are you going?