Friday, April 01, 2011

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, Day five (2KCBWDAY5)

Today's challenge:

This is an experimental blogging day to try and push your creativity in blogging to the same level that you perhaps push your creativity in the items you create.

I'm sure that if I'd left home later than 6:45 this morning or got home earlier than 9:35 this evening, I might have had some creativity... I couldn't even knit either way (rare) because I was stuck in a window seat next to one of those Daytripper Important Chaps (sort out the acronym yourselves) who thinks that sitting with his legs wide apart is the way to impress people on commuter trains; different chap, both journeys.

So - I'm just going to blog about the thing I don't normally blog about - work.

Tonight, I went to a leaving do for someone from my previous job. It was for someone I really, really liked while I was working with her, but I was also interested in catching up with people. It was a nice evening, after my initial entrance to complete embarrassed silence other than the few early arrivers who remembered me - it's been well over 3 years since I left ... I remembered why I loved working for the company -some seriously good sarcasm, genuine friendship and general intelligence - and why I left.

I love my current job (today's been a bit trying because it's been a lot like my last job!) but because we're all working in central London and living elsewhere, there really isn't the cameraderie. It's taken me a while to build up people I know and trust as friends; and ironically I had to pass on drinks at work to get to the leaving do in Cambridge...

Not a groundbreaking multimedia post; but at least a post!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I think I'd have been tempted to impale the DIC on my knitting needles...