Saturday, July 07, 2007

Socks, steamers and lace addiction


I went down to London on Thursday and needed train knitting for the way back. My visit included an X-ray of my briefcase; the security guy was amused by the sight of a hardly-started toe-up sock in the monitor...

This is the Tequila Phoenix variation of 'Vog on from this time's Knitty. Happily it is actually that variation - I printed out the toe-up version without noticing that I hadn't included the lace pattern, and had to work it out by squinting at the photo (the thought of an 80 minute train journey without knitting being... unappealing), so I'm pleased I got it right! The yarn is Socks that Rock mediumweight in Chapman Springs; previously seen lounging about at the British Library but ripped as I'd managed to make something yeti-sized by accident... This time round it's pooling, but interestingly; I'm hoping that will continue or replicate itself on the other sock, or I may be ripping again!

I'm also finding the second part of Mystery Stole 3 completely addictive - sat down last night to knit 'just a couple of rows' and ended up wrestling myself to bed at the end of row 18 some time later... Whatever it's going to be, it's going to be pretty. And it looks as if there were 6,707 knitters in the group at closing time; huge last-minute surge in membership when the Yarn Harlot and Bonne Marie joined the fun and blogged about it! Sometime in the next day or so I'll get the written instructions for Clue 2 to proofread, but for the moment I'm just really enjoying the knitting... More than the other stole I'm doing, by the same designer, and I'm still trying to work out why...

This morning I'm going out to buy a new steamer (from the Chinese supermarket) and a new supply of latex gloves - members of the Cambridge KTog are coming over to do some dyeing this afternoon!

2 comments:

Angelika said...

Do I have the KAL for you. You like Knitty patterns? Of course you do. So go ahead and sign up, they close on the 10th.
http://knittyk-a-l.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

I used to go to the knitting group at the British Library and caused great amusement every time when they were doing bag searches on the way in!