Friday, June 30, 2006

Stash #2

Another of the amazing things about last Tuesday was being handed three large plastic bags containing these

... the original blocks from this book. E-J has blogged this much more successfully than I will (although she sells her own blocks short!) I've been getting ready for a family visit this weekend, but am hoping to lay them out somewhere this weekend and get a look at all of them (and, of course, take pictures!). We had them out on the pub table for much of the evening (although in the photo below most had been put away and Frances (on the back at the right) is looking at the last ones. Also pictured are Kate, Bekki and Rosie - E-J and Jackie were talking to the barman about scarves at the time...

Bekki's finishing of her top-down sweater was incredibly cool - have to investigate that! She just worked down the sleeve, cast off the cuff, sewed in an end et voilĂ ... However, I found out last night that the knitting course I'm teaching at Cottenham in August is going ahead - so I'll be spending the next month knitting and hunting down samples and making class notes. It's a three-day class, so quite a major undertaking...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I'd regret not going on Tuesday - ah well - I've learnt my lesson now!

Rosie said...

I'm amazed that you managed to get those blocks home...we were all casting covetous glances: such masterpieces (and yes, E-J does sell hers short!). Glad to hear that the summer school class is going ahead.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm purloining these pics - since I failed to make off with the blocks themselves! Have just finished block #88, "Edwardian Fancy". I bought another pink yarn, and for some reason it's even crazier and less my kind of colour than the last one! Perhaps it's my hormones.