Friday, January 06, 2006

Magi day

Happy Epiphany (or Christmas if you're Orthodox). The Christmas decorations came down here today; and I thought I'd blog the presents of yarn I was given at Christmas. So here they are: all stunning. And I can wind them into balls now...

From the back, clockwise: a whopping great skein of Heritage Yarns' Cloud 9 (50% cotton, 50% rayon bouclé), 832 metres of crunchy goodness. It's likely to become the Triangles within Triangles shawl....

Then a skein of Kaalund kid mohair, colour Tropical Berries; don't know about this one but there's 350 metres of that too, so it'll turn into something decent-sized... These were both from my parents who were primed with URLs...

And finally some Koigu KPPM (and I'd refer you to this cartoon for the appropriate reaction) - this is from Jan; utterly gorgeous stuff in rainbow colours. Until I put it next to the mohair I hadn't realised how good they looked together... Hmmmmm. Which is interesting; the Kaalund yarn I gave her was in the same colourway...


And here's some texture and maybe some better colour: Koigu on the right, Kaalund on the left and Heritage on the bottom; gorgeous stuff.

These haven't left the dining room table since I got them; just keep fondling them...

1 comment:

Mary deB said...

Nice yarn...

I'm tagging Cambridge area knitters with a meme. Feel free to ignore, or check my blog.