Monday, August 07, 2006

Bohémiens en voyage

Gill and I started our mini-Baudelairealong today - and so far I'm loving this sock. It's by the designer who also gave the world Pomatomus...

Gill has great photos of the figure-8 cast-on, which was less complicated than I thought although a bit fiddly first time...

Once I'd done the toe and a pattern repeat over lunchtime at work, I realised it was going to be too big (great advantage of the toe-up thing!)... so instead of doing the middle size on 2.5mm needles, I'm now doing the smallest size on 2.25mm needles. The second cast-on attempt was easier and neater than the first one...




I'm using Fleece Artist merino in Burgundy, bought at Stash. The wine in the pic has sirop de violette in it for full Baudelairian decadence... It's an 8-row pattern repeat which is going to be really easy to remember...

No comments: