Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A good couple of days

Suzanne (mum to Lorna of the rainbow cardigan among many other things) came over for dinner last night and it was lovely. Then went over to E-J's at Ely today - we had lunch at the Lamb and then sat in her garden. In deference to photo-phobia, here's a picture of E-J's hands and her crochet...


On the way there, finished the Jaywalkers

and started making the Mamluke Socks from Folk Socks, using the Lorna's Laces Rainbow from Leah, and some black Cygnet. I think they're looking good so far...


According to the directions you need a 245yd skein of each yarn - I have 215yds of the Rainbow so I reckon that'll work - if not I'll do plain toes. Was going to spend a long time thinking of something suitably Washington-like to do with them - and then was flicking through this book again this morning, and fell for the pattern all over again. It was only the 3rd time I looked through the directions that I realised the original sock is from the collection of the Textile Museum in DC so it's just about perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hands, my beautiful hands!!

I've almost finished the front sleeve of the pullover ...

Having protested so mightily against the taking of photographic evidence, now I'm thinking I might just pinch that photo for my own blog.

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the Jaywalkers!